Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Down in Fraggle Rock

Blame it on the vodka
Blame it on the henny
Blame it on the blue top
Got you feeling dizzy

I think God used a finite set of cookie cutters when he made the world's peoples. I can lay out a scripted plot for several certain kinds of people that I have had the most interaction with in my life. I recently dictated verbatim what an ex-gf's actions, tone and messages would be for a heart-broken friend. Less than two weeks later, she had found her character and began playing the role. He was in shock. I was less surprised.

I know the selfish friend type that needs to talk about themselves 24/7 even when "listening" and playing an active friendship role in others' lives. These people are all the same.

What keeps me interested in the human race and in love with my wonderful friends is their surprising random acts that teeter on the line between extreme kindness and insanity. I love my Wife, my Doomsday, and my m.i.a. Dirty South. You girls keep me young, grounded, scared, ambitious, anxious and grateful.

But all of this makes me think of the saying, "breaking the mold" - she broke the mold. I think that is the highest compliment to be given in a world of similarities and familiarities. Break it, pee on it, make sure it cannot be pieced together and no matter what you're making an impact on the course of history. And if nothing else, it will entertain God and he'll want to keep us around for a few more years ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment